One of my (many) guilty pleasures is watching a few minutes of cooking competitions on reality TV channels. There’s this one host, a beautiful woman, who captured my attention. Tall and exotic, very sensual, she seems the type of woman who goes after what she wants. I wondered what would happen if she fell for one of the contestants – and the contestant fell for her!

In Turn Up the Heat, the host became Gina, an Italian-American actress from LA. The contestant became Mackenzie, a chef from Wyoming who also owns a ranch. Two very different lifestyles. The story went wild from there. Missed opportunities, a surprise visit, a kinky weekend, and some difficult choices. But, it’s a romance – I won’t spoil the ending, but it’s probably my favorite final scene of all my books.

Click HERE to read the book blurb and first chapter.

Have you ever fantasized about a TV show? I’ve had sexy dreams about Hawaii 5-0 and Mad Men, which I’d love to make into romance novels. What’s your guilty-pleasure show? Leave a comment for your chance to win an e-copy of Turn Up the Heat.

11 comments to “Happy GLBT Tuesday! Giving Away an Ecopy of Turn Up the Heat”

1. Libby
    · March 19th, 2013 at 10:16 am · Link

Hmm! NCIS – I would love to get hot and sweaty with Gibbs! Oh yeah! Now that is going to bring some fantasies into dreamland tonight! 😉

• Randi
      1.1
      · March 19th, 2013 at 10:35 am · Link

Oh, yeah, Mark Harmon is a handsome guy. Is he still married to Pam Dawber? I remember watching reruns of Mork and Mindy a few years ago when I was sick with the flu. (Sorry, that has nothing to do with Gibbs, but I’m kinda chatty today!)

2. Michelle V
    · March 19th, 2013 at 10:18 am · Link

I don’t want a lot of TV normally but recently have discovered the fun of watching TV series on Netflix. My guilty pleasure shows that I’ve been watching on Netflis are The Vampire Diaries (Ian Somerhalder) and Sons of Anarchy (Charlie Hunnam)

michellevasquez2001 at yahoo dot com

• Randi
      2.1
      · March 19th, 2013 at 10:37 am · Link

LOVE Netflix series too, Michelle. We’re watching Lost Girl right now, and it’s hard to get to bed at night sometimes because we look at each other and say, “It’s only 10 – one more?” I’ve been looking for a series to watch while I’m on the Torturous Exercise Elliptical – I’ll have to try Vampire Diaries. Thanks for the tip!

3. Amanda m
    · March 19th, 2013 at 11:13 am · Link

I love the new Dallas. And also revenge. Love.

• Randi
      3.1
      · March 19th, 2013 at 1:18 pm · Link

I haven’t seen Revenge, but it looks good! Haven’t watched the new Dallas yet, either, but I’d love to. We don’t have all the cable channels, so I’ll have to get Dallas when it (hopefully) comes to Netflix. I LOVED the original Dallas, though. Rich cowboys. Mmmmm, yummy!

4. Cassie Polla
    · March 19th, 2013 at 3:36 pm · Link

Secret Life of the American Teenager

• Randi
      4.1
      · March 19th, 2013 at 5:53 pm · Link

I hadn’t heard of that one either, Cassie, but it looks interesting. II bet it’s kind of scary! I’ll check it out. Thanks!

5. Clare O'Beara
    · March 20th, 2013 at 4:22 am · Link

I used to adore Blake’s Seven, a BBC SF series with great dialogue. Never got that into Star Trek though.

• Randi
      5.1
      · March 20th, 2013 at 8:17 am · Link

Oooh, it’s from the ’70s and ’80s! Sounds like my kind of show. I’ll be sure to search for it. I love Dr. Who and have since I was a kid, but haven’t watched it much recently. Just looking at the pictures of Blake’s Seven on Google made me smile!

6. Randi
    · March 26th, 2013 at 3:40 pm · Link

Congratulations, Clare, using Randomizer. org, your comment was chosen the winner of an ecopy of Turn Up the Heat. Please contact me at Randi (at) RandiAlexander (dot) com to claim your prize. Thanks for commenting, and thanks to everyone for stopping by!