Hi! I'm Randi Alexander, and I write cowboy erotic romance.
Welcome to the blog hop! Here are the official rules:
1) HAVE FUN!!!
2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!
3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, July 18, at Midnight (Arizona Time) THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, July 25, at Midnight (Arizona Time) Winners will be drawn and posted July 26th! ***
4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW PARTY DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!
5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW EVERY AUTHOR SOME LOVE!
6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
***Authors have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***
One of the greatest treasures in my writing career has been learning about the cowboy mystique. My first release, Chase and Seduction, is available from The Wild Rose Press' Wilder Roses catalog in the Cowboy Kink line. I love writing cowboy romances, and I love reading them as well. But why do so many romances feature cowboys?
We usually think of the physical characteristics of a cowboy first; the muscles and the hat, the boots and the strong jaw. Well-worn jeans and eyes that could cut steel if he's riled up…or melt a heart when he's charming. A deep voice and an intimate drawl that sends skitters up a lady's spine. And then there are all the fun accessories a cowboy uses, like whips and ropes.
And that's all good and sexy, but there's more to the mystique. In my opinion, a cowboy is the strong, silent type who prefers to keep himself under control, emotionally and physically. He possesses an inherent virility that makes him the perfect romantic hero, and the perfect catch for a spunky heroine.
He's a gentleman, first and foremost, and protects what's his, and will even help protect what isn't his, if asked. A strong sense of right and wrong guides him in everything he does.
A cowboy needs patience and a firm hand to spend long hours riding herd on livestock, or training horses, or climbing on a rank bull for that eight second ride. And those traits come in handy when he's set his sights on seducing his woman. Patience, because he knows he'll get what he wants, no matter how long it takes and how much persuasion she requires. And a firm hand in the bedroom to assure her pleasure…as well as his own.
I hope I've captured the true essence of the cowboy in my hero, Chase Tanner, from my new release, Chase and Seduction. Here's the blurb to give you a taste, and a link to the first chapter so you can discover my sexy cowboy between the covers.
Country music superstar/actor Chase Tanner has yet to be denied anything–and he’s never wanted anything or anyone more than gorgeous screenplay writer Reno Linden. So when the film they are working on is finally finished, Chase decides to turn up the volume on seducing Reno.
Reno Linden lived a quiet, rural life until she was thrust into the Hollywood scene when her book was adapted to film. Chase Tanner is larger than life, sinfully sexy and hell-bent on getting her into bed. Skittish after a failed wedding engagement, Reno risks the plunge into Chase’s arms, and is surprised that her good girl self can keep up with bad boy Chase.
Though Chase returns to his cowboy roots often, and Reno cherishes the time spent with him on his ranch, the two find their careers pulling them in different directions. Will their attraction survive the glitz and stress of fame?
I'm giving away one e-copy to a lucky reader on this blog hop. For four chances to win, follow these steps:
3) Follow me on Twitter
~For each of 1 - 4 you complete, you'll have one chance to win!
5) Jump back up to the top of this post and leave a comment with your e-mail address to let me know which you've completed.
6) Jump down to the bottom of this post and click on the link to the next blog in the hop.
Thank you, and good luck!
Click here to go to the next blog - which is the Fantastic Kim Bowman!